My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

9/11 Amnesty: Pakistan ready to let Osama go

I read this piece of news with mixed emotions. Well, mixed were the emotions because I was surprised, then I was not surprised; I was excited, I felt like a fool being excited; and then I was amused.

Pakistan is ready to forgive Osama if he decides to behave like ‘peaceful citizen’ and not like a … (What exactly do the Pakistanis think of him anyway?)

As the 5th Anniversary of the September 11 attacks is approaching, the Pakistanis seem to be in festive mood and might, just might, release a few jailed … well, whatever like Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh.

Anyway, the latest is that Major General Shaukat Sultan Khan, press secretary to Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf who made this remark over a telephonic interview with ABC has denied it when being asked over the phone by Rediff.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers