My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Andrew checks in: Ek imaandar maidan ke andar

This is my first post since last March, and coincidentally my last post was on the continuing Aussie conspiracy to destroy other teams and remain the champion ream so that they can remain at least financially independent and viable.

Anyway, the saga continues with India’s tour Down Under. The latest theory about the raging racial abuse controversy involving Harbhajan Singh and Andrew Symonds where the former allegedly called the later ‘monkey’ is something like this:

Harbhajan is innocent. He just looked at Andrew and said, ‘teri maa ki…’. Andrew wrongly heard it as ‘monkey’.

I can understand that. However, what I cannot understand is how a person supposedly being proud of being called a roo (as in kangaroo) can be so offended by the word ‘monkey’. At least monkeys, as I knew till now were more closely related to a human being than a kangaroo. Besides, there is nothing remotely racial about the word. Instead, one of the most worshipped Hindu deities is Lord Hanuman who is a monkey. Monkeys are fed and revered in India. Maybe a kangaroo brain missed the details there.

Maybe he won’t be able to miss the 6 differences in details between the two images below.

Well, can you help him out? Can you spot the 6 differences? I give up, I could find only 4 till now. Maybe you can help me as well.

Andrew, you are a great entertainer, a cricket player and a champion. But sorry to say mate, you missed one revolution, that's evolution!

Au revoir folks. This year, the Guru will be regular here. All apologies for my broken promises last year. It had been the worst for me in my entire life. I am glad to get rid of it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool but a tad watered down than your past works. Am a recent fan and ur return is welcome...come back with chutzpah Guruji ;-)

2:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey! i had written a similar thing on my blog a few days ago! same pix too!

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a well analysed and researched post... u found 4 differences? I could hardly find 1.....

4:18 AM  
Blogger ranita said...

Kudos, man!You deserve a rolling applause. I dont think there could have been any better apt as well as healthy way to counter this sort of irritatingly nagging racila discrimination. You have a very positing yet horrendously comical and logical approach. Great work, appreciable resaerch. Do keep up the good job. Keen to read more from you...

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Like ur blog....but kinda been looking for a new post for a while now! U write well u know...do more of it! :-)

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Love ur blog....but kinda been waiting for a new post for a while now! C'mon...u write well....do more of it plz! :-)

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers