My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

Friday, March 23, 2007

Mission accomplished! Well done Greg

Well, I don't want to sound too snobby in this post, but I can't stop grinning from ear to ear now. I almost feel as if I am God today. The mood is really light, spring time it is and the dawn is just about to break. I shall make some tea now, go to my terrace and enjoy the light breeze that is blowing and let the thought sink in that I just won Rs 10,000.00 from one of the blinded cricket fans who also happens to be my colleague.

You might be wondering that India’s disgraceful exit (well almost save a miracle like a flying pig happens) from the ICC World Cup 2007 in the first round itself after being beaten by (piranha) minnows Bangladesh and then by 69 runs to (bull) sharks Sri Lanka is the thing that ought to ‘sink in’ and not some wild bet at the expense of a billion heartbreaks.

For me, this is not the news, my ten thousand rupees matter much more than that. It is not because I don’t like cricket; it is because I stopped following it for recreation and entertainment the moment I realized that Greg Chappell’s entry as coach, Ganguly’s exit as captain and Indian selector’s striptease act led by the punk 3rd class called Kiran More actually were following a pattern, a pattern that meant doom. So, from then onwards, it was more like a criminal research and analysis for me that I found very interesting indeed.

The Aussie’s plotted it (it started from the days when India toured Australia and Guru Greg Bahadur Chappell ‘coached’ Saurav Ganguly and befriended him), BCCI and the Indian selectors suddenly developed a fetish of this variety.

The writing was on the wall. I strongly voiced my concerns with arguments. However, nothing of that sort happened and then I had given up all hopes. The mad Billion were all gaga about Rahul Dravid’s poster boy qualities.

Now, it is time for a new Bond. The current players (Sachin - 0, Dhoni - 0, Ganguly - 7) that make Indian's Bond and its sidekicks have become very boring.

Ah! Forget it! What the hell I am writing at this hour? I would like a few suggestions from you on how to spend my 10K that I expect my good friend to hand me over without much fuss.

Bihar Yatra – II will come soon, please bear with me. You see, small distractions here and there often make you lose focus and the ICC World Cup 2007 is one such distraction.

And the Guru thanks Greg Chappell, Kiran More and the spineless Rahul Dravid for the 10K I just won.

1 Comments:

Blogger What's In A Name ? said...

Beinga bengali....can't help but support you. 007...vatt a concept!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers