My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The evil joker will teach management now

Now, of all the people Laloo Prasad Yadav will don the role of lecturer at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad in September. Maybe he will have something to say about how to avoid failure. After all, he failed Bihar as a state in every respect, pick whatever you would like – from law and order to development.

How he managed to bring a whole state into such a situation in his 15 years of misrule is a miracle by itself. As the Union Railway Minister, Laloo has managed to do ‘something’, but then it was just by ‘adjusting’ a few things here and there and nothing much.

I remember during my days as a management student, there was a mention of a Nazi (I don’t remember the name) with a picture in one of my textbooks where he was giving some kind of a note to Hitler citing 6 million Jews were exterminated. The question was whether the guy was a great manager having achieved the Herculean task of exterminating 6 million people systematically.

I am not suggesting Laloo is a Nazi or something like them. However, given what he did to Bihar, I couldn’t help but put the above as an analogy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers