My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Need your help urgently

I have been behaving like a madman of late. It seems that my emotions have gotten the better of me and I no longer seem to have control over my actions. The matter is personal and I need the help of my readers here on what to do. Chances are that I might someday do something drastic from where there would be no returning.

It is regarding the constant blues that I am reeling under these days resulting in a lot of alcohol consumption followed by sickly text messages, telephone calls and waking up sick and highly embarrassed the next morning. In addition, this is making me shop like hell these days and spending money on others resulting in substantial loss of wealth.

What’s surprising about my situation now is that the reason for this happened about a year back. I was pretty OK with myself till last month. I have a feeling that the changing season has something to do with it or maybe since most of the things in the reason happened around this time of the year last year.

I tried to look for the solution myself and no mater however hard I tried, I just couldn’t find it. I work for long hours. I have every distraction needed to keep my mind off the blues. However, nothing is helping me. Maybe living alone and not having people around to talk about personal things is aggravating me.

I need help to:

a) Get back to my old jovial self, and
b) Get rid of compulsive unhealthy boozing every night that will take care of my health and embarrassing actions as mentioned above.

If any one of you can suggest me an out of the box solution that might help me, please do leave a comment. I shall be highly obliged.

Thank you very much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am frequently in dumps. I feel like accepting painless death anyday but do not contemplate suicide. I am practicing meditation for two years. I follow the meditation-process elaborated by eknath easwaran in his books - 'take your time' or 'meditation'. I can not say whether it has helped as I still get in dumps. However, I am sticking to the practice. At least I have learnt lot of bhagvadgita shloks and refreshed my sanskrit of kendriya-vidyalaya-days. If you are an athiest(like me), bhagvad-gita is best as it has no mushy reference to god.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, man, that sounds like some heavy shit you're suffering from.
I do not have much experience of dealing with the blues of the depth you describe, personally or in close relations.
My only suggestion, and I'm sorry if it sounds a crock of shit, but from the embarressing texts that I presume you are sending, it's not a death, so are you able to turn the negative thoughts to posative ones. So, instead of thinking about what you're missing, think about what you've got, or how be thankful that you are not in a worse situation had your life not taken that turn.
Hope this helps.

Sim-O

2:06 PM  
Blogger Maven said...

How about trying Laugh Yoga? It's hard to be dour when you're forcing yourself to laugh. Eventually you start laughing naturally.

Try to gravitate to folks who are naturally contented. Even good moods can be contagious.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Beau Peep said...

Anon:
Great to find a KV alumnus. I'm one too :-) Ya, I will definitely try your suggestion out. I am already feeling much better seeing you all here.

sim-o:
You have a point mate. Thank you for talking straight.

nuggetmaven:
Wonderful to see you back here mate. It always makes me feel great when see returning visitors here. Your suggestion is indeed different and definitely worth a try. Thanks for being there.

Please Note:

I have received dozens of comments here and almost all of them were not 'publish-worthy' because of personal attacks, rebukes, hindsight lecture etc. If you cannot be serious and act too smart for your pants, kindly refrain from commenting here. Your comments will never see the light of the day if they are out of context, abusive or personal attacks.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers